||7. High-Performance Translucent Daylighting - Canopy, Awning and Walkway Systems
The most highly insulating daylighting systems in the world!
|Translucent structural sandwich panels with framing components create exciting and practical entryways and walkways. Standard modular walkways of various sizes, along with fully pre-engineered custom aluminum structures by our strategic partner Structures Unlimited, Inc., are the ultimate, single-source, factory-direct solution. Kalwall's lightweight panels with highly insulating, diffuse-light-transmitting properties, superior structural integrity and design flexibility are ideal for any walkway or canopy. Museum-quality DaylightingTM and low solar heat gain for maximum comfort. |
CSI: 08 45 23
- Standard modular skylight and Skyroof® walkways.
- Combinations of sandwich panels, glass and framing components.
- Skyroof System over our structures or structures "by others" for canopies, awnings and walkways.
- Complete pre-engineered canopies and walkways, including aluminum structure for a single-source solution.
- Kalwall translucent canopies, awnings and walkways transmit controlled, diffuse, Museum-quality Daylight.
- This construction controls solar heat gain for maximum "people" comfort.
- 2-3/4" (70mm) thick flat or curved Kalwall panels and Systems, drawn from Kalwall Standard skylight, Pre-engineered Skylights or Custom Skyroofs, supply the design concepts.
- Kalwall 100TM flat panels are 4" (100mm) thick for applications requiring even more structural integrity.
- Special application and national building code-compliant. Following are just a few of the codes and standards that may apply to some Kalwall Translucent Canopy and Walkway Systems:
- ASTM E1886 and E1996 Hurricane Standards, including flying debris cannon test promulgated originally in the Florida Building Code.
- ICC-ES AC 177 compliant.
- FM Standard 4471 for Roof Systems available.
- Seismic and OSHA code compliant.
- Optional extra-high impact faces withstand extraordinary impact forces in accordance with UL 972 standards.
- A thermoset FRP/aluminum composite that will not melt, Kalwall panels have many optional fire reaction capabilities.
For more daylighting examples, visit the PHOTO GALLERY.
Canopy, Awning and Walkway System CAD details, as well as Revit® Details and Families, are available.
Follow us on:
HOME | KALWALL TRANSLUCENT SYSTEMS |
ABOUT KALWALL | RECENT
PROJECTS | SPECIFICATIONS | CAD
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION |
|Kalwall and Skyroof are registered trademarks, and Kalwall 100 and Museum-quality Daylighting are trademarks of Kalwall Corporation.|
|Revit is a registered trademark of Autodesk.|
Copyright Kalwall Corporation 2013. All Rights Reserved.